CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES «

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Hot ice and wondrous strange snow...

It was 80 degrees on Wednesday. It was incredible. I was ecstatic. I enjoy winter, but it has been so much colder here than what I'm used to. Over the last several weeks, it has frequently been in the teens - add the wind-chill factor, and it's even worse. So, I have been eagerly anticipating Spring's arrival. However, 80 degrees in the middle of March was more than I ever would have hoped for. Then yesterday, the high was 62 and it rained. That was still okay, though. It didn’t rain until late afternoon, and after all, it is only March, right?


But today - today it snowed. A lot. School was cancelled (which is annoying in and of itself). They are predicting 8-14 inches of snow for the area. I would guess that we've already gotten about 6 inches. Which causes me to say...


This. Is. Ridiculous.*


I always thought that weather in the Northwest was erratic and bizarre, but it is NOTHING compared to this. It was a new experience for me, and consequently, my sentiments about the whole situation went through an interesting progression.

Are you wondering what that looked like? Would you like to take a peek? Well, then, fasten your seatbelts and allow me to take you on a magical ride through the "Thought Processes and Emotions of Marianna." Before boarding, please demonstrate that you're tall enough to ride this ride and sign the waiver assuming all risk. Also, watch out for flying debris. Thoughts tend to bounce around rapidly for no apparent reason.

And now, without further postponement or procrastination**, please permit me to present you with a pictorial portrayal of the process.



Initial Reaction: Shock and confusion. I realized the weather was going to get colder again before spring was really here, but snow? Seriously??!!



Secondary Reaction: Frustation and resentment. What a mean trick! What was the point of Wednesday? I mean, it even smelled like summer! Son of a Vondrook!



Tertiary Reaction: Acceptance and appreciation. We've had horrible conditions for snow sports all winter. But now, I can finally go snowboarding! Guess who's going snowboarding tomorrow :) Yep, that's right, I am.



Fourthiary Reaction: Reconciliation. The snow is now my friend again.



Fifthiary Reaction: Here we transition from emotions to thought processes. And their results. I thought I would try to take a picture of myself making a snow angel. The photo you see here is my third attempt. It may not be a great photo, but hey, I was taking the pictures myself using a tripod and a timer. As I said, this was my third attempt. By this point I was Pretty Freaking Cold. Every time I flopped down in the snow, it went up my back. If I didn't post this picture, it would mean that I had suffered in vain. I just hope you appreciate all I do for you. Ingrates. Hmph.
At this point, the subject was dead. Naw, I was just cold. So, I went inside, changed into some warm clothes and ate some sushi.***

End of the ride, folks. Go ahead and get off. Let me know if you liked the trip, maybe I can arrange for another one. However, if you spent the trip utilizing your barf bag, you can keep that to yourself. And now, I should go to bed. I'm getting up at 6:30 to go snowboarding!!


*I felt that it would be appropriate to appropriate the Atorian Style of Emphasis here. Props to you, Atoria, for pioneering said style. Please permit me to aid in it's propagation, for I am a proponent, and I propose that its practice will provoke its proliferation. Umm..I may have gotten a bit carried away...
**Please note that I did not say "without further alliteration," that is something I simply shall not swear to. Also, I'm a nerd.
***I did not eat the sushi to get warm. I ate it 'cuz I like it.

1 comments:

Victoria said...

My flipflops fell of at the top of the ride. I'm honored to learn of the proliferation of my whatever you called it. I think I might make my screen saver a slideshow of those five picture and just watch them over and over. Now that my flipflops are gone, I can't get off the ride. Is there a Sanka dispenser on here? I could go for some Sanka and OJ...