CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES «

Thursday, March 22, 2007

There's a chance that I'm crazy

Last Friday night, I didn't end up going to bed until 2:30 in the morning. I just didn't feel like going to sleep before then. I usually average about 5-6 hours of sleep per night during the week, because I like to stay up late and have to get up early. So by Friday, I'm tired. And it's not that I wasn't tired last Friday, it's just that it seems so wrong to go to bed early on a Friday, even though I'm getting up early the next day. So, I stayed up late and got 4 hours of sleep before spending the day snowboarding. Wheeeeee!!

I got up on Saturday totally pumped (ninja style) - I couldn't wait to show off my totally awesome skillz (and by "show off my totally awesome skillz," I mean "learn the basics of snowboarding"). My friend Christin and I had been planning to go snowboarding all winter. Neither one of us knew how, so we were planning on taking lessons together. However, between our busy schedules and NJ's crappy snow season - this was the first time we actually managed to go.

Anyway, I met up with Christin and we headed up to Mountain Creek, where we met up with her fiancé, Brian. He already knows how to snowboard, so he took off on his own while we headed over to our lessons. Brian and Christin could only stay for 3-4 hours because they had other plans. But not me. I had no other plans for the day and I wanted to learn as much as I could as quickly as I could. Eight hours, two lessons, and countless wipeouts later, I decided to pack it in. I actually excused myself from the last lesson about 15 minutes early (the lessons are 1:45 long), because I was ready to collapse. It didn't seem to bother the instructor, though, he still asked for my phone number...

Anyway, I got home around 7:00, showered, ate some dinner, and left the house by about 8:15. Because although I had been snowboarding all day, I couldn't go a weekend without dancing!* I didn't have quite as much fun dancing as I usually do, because by this point, my muscles were not happy with me. It was still fun, though, and I was home by 1:00. So I managed to get about 9 hours of sleep before I had to get up for church on Sunday.

I have so much more to post, but it will have to wait until another day. I'm tired.

Christin recorded this with her phone - you can see the point at which I realize she's recording. Bear in mind, I had only been snowboarding for about 2 hours when this video was taken. I was happy if I made it to the bottom of the hill without falling down!

*Over the last couple of months, I have gotten back into dancing - ballroom, latin, swing, etc. I usually go Friday and Saturday nights, but due to the weather last weekend, the Friday dance was cancelled.

1 comments:

Victoria said...

a boy asked you for your phone number!!! i want more details than that! email me! exclamation points crazy!!!!! toribokas@hotmail.com