CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES «

Monday, September 19, 2005

Hey

So I'm a little overdue for a post. I think the main problem is that I always wait for a reason or some sort of motivation to post. Why not just sit down and write something? So that's what I'm doing this time.

Just 10 days left until classes start up again. I think that's a good thing. It should be interesting going back to juggling a full load of classes and part-time work. Last year not only did I not have a job, but I didn't actually study except for during finals, either. That won't really be an option when I have to write papers and things.

On the workfront, things are going well. I've worked there just under a month and I feel pretty comfortable. I'm getting lots of hours, too. It's kind of funny, though. I think I actually prefer opening, even though it means I have to be at work by 4 am. I like the morning setup and it's nice getting off in the middle of the day. I'll probably be closing a lot once classes start. I don't mind that either, though. One thing is for sure, I'm definitely still taking full advantage of the free beverages. Most of the time I get one before work, one after work, and one at each break - so on a full day of work, that's 5 drinks. One or two of them are usually Passion Tea Lemonades, so it's not all coffee. However, the fact that each of the other drinks often have 4 shots of coffee in them, probably makes up for that... heh heh heh *twitches*

Here's a funny story: I bought a sectional couch off of Craig's List last week. I had been looking for one for a few weeks, but the problem was that I didn't have much money or any way to move a couch if I got one. Anyway, this one was advertised for pretty cheap and the guy told me he could deliver it. I went to look at it and it seemed to be in pretty good shape. So I bought it. We brought the shorter piece in first, without too much trouble. As we were carrying the longer piece in, one of my neighbors spotted us and came over to give us a hand. But when we tried to maneuver it through the entryway, we saw that it simply wasn't going to fit. So we thought maybe we could pass them through the windows. No such luck. We discovered that although the smaller panes were removable, the larger ones were riveted in place. That left one option: the balcony. I have large sliding glass doors in my living room that lead to my balcony/deck. That would seem like the obvious choice, huh? Why didn't we do that in the first place? The problem is, there is no outside exit from the balcony and it's on the second floor. But since that was our only alternative, we loaded the section back in the guy's blazer and he drove around to the back of the building. He and my neighbor turned the section up on its end and my neighbor called one of his friends (who was two doors down) to come and help. Then the friend came to my apartment and out on the balcony. As the two guys down below lifted the section up, we grabbed it and pulled it over the rail. From there it was a piece of cake. I felt bad that they all went to so much trouble, but it was a bit funny. Anyway, the couch is quite comfortable and I've really been enjoying it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol, well Marianna, no one can accuse you of having boring furniture when you have a story like that behind simple getting it in the apartment! :) That's hillarious...
Love ya!
Hey, put some more posts on my blog... :)

Anonymous said...

Mari,
When it comes to comfortable couches do WHATEVER it takes!!
Love ya Jonny