CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES «

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Coffee in Korea - Episode 1

Coffee.

It is a wondrous thing.

Naturally, in moving to Korea, one concern at the forefront of my mind was, "How will I get my hands on some decent brew?"

Fortunately, I have found some great coffee here.

I have also found some crap coffee.

Join me, on my quest for the bean in Korea.

It may be a bumpy ride, but we are sure to be rewarded in the end. If we are lucky, we might even find a nice cup of medium-bodied South American coffee with mild acidity and cocoa undertones. Or perhaps a rich African coffee with citrus notes?

.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, sorry you got crappy coffee, you shouldv'e gone to Starbucks. ;) I really like the video blogs, it's definitely a nice addition to your blogging. :)

Chelsea said...

Wow! how long did it take you to figure out the currency exchange? You must feel rich if your (bad) coffee anly costs .40!

Marianna said...

Glad you like the video blogs, Jess! The way I figure it, even if I'm not very good about blogging consistently, this will at least get me to blog once a week!
Chelsea - I think the bad coffee only cost me 40 cents, because it was bad coffee! Most things are relatively similar in price to things back home. The exchange rate is pretty easy - 1,000 won = $1 But some things are really expensive and some things are really cheap. For example, going out to eat usually costs around $5, but 1 quart of milk costs over $2!