CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES «

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Get Down

Work lately has been NUTS. We haven't gotten a replacement for a teacher who left three weeks ago, so a few of us (ahem... me) have had to pick up an extra class. Then last week, we had two teachers sick on Monday, one on Tuesday and Wednesday, and one teacher left for vacation on Wednesday. I taught an extra class every day except Friday. Yuck. We have another teacher leaving in a couple of weeks and two more teachers have vacation next month. All I can say is that they better get us a couple of new teachers soon!

On top of this, I have essays coming out of my ears. They're all between 300-600 words and Definitely Not Fun Times to grade. Then yesterday, intensives started. This means that I teach an extra 2-1/2 hours per day. So right now, I'm teaching about 6-1/2 to 8 hours per day - which wouldn't actually be that bad if it weren't for all of the prep work.

But anyway, with all of the craziness last week, there just weren't enough teachers to cover all of the extra classes, so we ended up having to combine some of them. One of my friends had to teach one of these combined classes and was determined to make it fun.

Behold the results:


D.O.W.N. from Marianna Willey on Vimeo.

1 comments:

Megan Murray said...

Haha, I'm loving the "unconventional" teaching method; I can only imagine what your classes must be like! And I have to say I am enjoying the videos, way to take the blog up a notch. I actually have a question. My missions team that I am with is traveling to Kazakhstan and stopping in Seoul. (I am not with them unfortunately.) Well their passports did not arrive from the embassy so they missed their flight and now hope to take the flight on Thursday. BUT the connecting flight to Kazakhstan is full. So I thought I would at least check and see if you knew of something they could do while they hope and pray that a flight opens up. They could be there awhile. Is there someone at your church that I could connect them with, that is if you go to church... Anything is better than nothing. Thanks for any info!