CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES «

Sunday, November 04, 2007

South Korea's Got Seoul!

Ahhh!! I'm so excited to go to Korea!

Incidentally, no, I have not heard back from State regarding test results. But even if I pass the test, I'm really not banking on being hired as an FSO in the next year.

But, interestingly enough, I happen to live nextdoor to a couple who spent four years in Korea. They have a little girl that is a year younger than the little girl that I take care of, so we see each other at the bus stop almost every day. I've gotten to know the mom a little bit.

When I told her I was going to Korea, she told me that she had lived there for four years and she had plenty of books that I could borrow. She gave them to me at the bus stop last week.



Cool, right?

Between this Bag 'O Books and the Amazon shipment* I got this week, it's Book-a-Palooza at Chez Marianna. Maybe I'm getting old, but spending my Saturday reading books was fun (I also had a date - does that help my case?). I was so excited about all of the books, that I piled them up on my bed and took turns reading a couple chapters out of each of them.

In other news, remember the opossum that graced our garage last winter? He has been replaced.

Now, I don't know all of the specifics. It could be that he found greener pastures (darker garages?), or maybe there were roommate conflicts (roommates can be catty...) All I know is that I haven't seen the opossum since last winter, but there have recently been multiple sightings of a raccoon.

That's right, a raccoon.

I'm going to be honest, here, I don't feel that he's going to be a good roommate. He's clearly just after the food.

But whatever. It's not my decision.

At any rate, I've decided to call him Bandit - between those black eye masks he's always wearing and the fact that he's always sneaking food, I thought it was appropriate.


Staring contest, you and me, right now...

*"Realities of Foreign Service Life," Volumes 1 & 2; "Bush Hat, Black Tie"; "The Expert Expat"

5 comments:

Elle said...

Thanks, now I kinda feel like a slacker in the whole read about your future home section! :( But I figure you'll fill me in on everything I should know and the books that are absolutely essential for me to read before I go! I can't wait to start this adventure and to know you are gonna be there just rocks my world.

Victoria said...

you win. you always do.

date?!? do tell!

Devon said...

Will you look at the opossum post i left you a message please don't hurt it please!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Love Devon
I miss you so much

Devon said...

YOUR ROCK STAR NAME: (first pet & current car),


2.YOUR GANGSTA NAME: (fave ice cream flavor, favorite cookie),


3. YOUR “FLY Guy/Girl” NAME: (first initial of first name, first three letters of your last name),


4. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME: (favorite color, favorite animal),


5. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, city where you were born),


6. YOUR STAR WARS NAME: (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first),


7. SUPERHERO NAME: (”The” + 2nd favorite color, favorite drink),


8. NASCAR NAME: (the first names of your grandfathers),


9. STRIPPER NAME: ( the name of your favorite perfume/cologne/scent, favorite candy),

10.WITNESS PROTECTION NAME: (mother’s & father’s middle names ),

11. TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME: (Your 5th grade teacher’s last name, a major city that starts with the same letter),


12. SPY NAME/BOND GIRL: (your favorite season/holiday, flower).


13. CARTOON NAME: (favorite fruit, article of clothing you’re wearing right now + “ie” or “y”)


14. HIPPY NAME: (What you ate for breakfast, your favorite tree),


15. YOUR ROCKSTAR TOUR NAME: (”The” + Your fave hobby/craft, fave weather element + “Tour”),


Try it its so fun

Devon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.