CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES «

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Why am I driving an SUV?

If you recall, I was in an accident three months ago.
We're finally getting the Explorer fixed.
Ridiculous?
A bit.
But I still have two dislocated ribs that the chiropractor has not yet been able to set.
That's even more ridiculous. And more painful.

But I digress.

While the Explorer is in the shop, I'm driving a Durango. Personally, I am against gas-guzzling vehicles. The Durango is even worse than the Explorer. I think it gets about 11 miles/gallon. But the idea is that SUV's are safer. Naturally, the safety of the children is of the utmost importance.

So I drive an SUV.

Ironically, I noticed this warning label on the visor.


Mmm..that's comforting. I sure am glad I'm driving an SUV.

Wait. Why am I driving an SUV?

Avoid abrupt maneuvers and excessive speed? HA! If I were to describe New Jersey driving, I would probably say something like, "Well, it basically consists of abrupt maneuvers and excessive speed."*

See the dilemma? Or should I say, the irony?

*And tailgating at ludicrous speeds and abandoning any sense of reason upon getting behind the wheel... *deep breath* *talking to self* "Let it go, Marianna, it's not worth it." Ummm...kind of a hot-button topic.

0 comments: