CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES «

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Countdown

In my last post, I mentioned that when I quit my job, I gave 11-1/2 weeks notice. Well, when I did so, it occurred to me that it was a bit early to start a countdown and I should wait a while. That was a Wednesday. By Friday, I knew that I had exactly 11 weeks left.

My time out here has gone by quickly from day one; this is due in part to the fact that I work a lot of hours. Over the last few months, work has grown busier and more complicated, making the time go by even faster. But there was a part of me that was afraid that now that I had given notice, my last weeks would drag by. Factor this in with my excitement for what's ahead, and a countdown was inevitable.

At some point last week (on a particularly bad day), I created a countdown calendar on my lappy, replete with fractions and all. Which is why, I can now say that I am 1/4 of the way there.

0 comments: