CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES «

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Goldfish cake

Don't worry - it's not what you're thinking.

I didn't bake a cake with goldfish in it.

For those of you who have witnessed me experimenting in the kitchen (adding Bailey's Irish Cream to mushroom fish, or White Cheddar Cheez-Itz to stir fry, for example*...), I'm sure you were a little nervous to read on after seeing the title. But actually, I just baked a regular cake and frosted it, then I let Jill** decorate it. Her school was having a bake sale/cake decorating contest and she decided to decorate her entry as a goldfish bowl. I am always impressed with her creativity! Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of the final product. But the picture below shows how much she did the first day before she started getting tired and frustrated, at which point I sent her to bed and told her she could finish it the next day.*** Not bad for a 6-yr-old, huh?


*True stories. If you don't believe me, ask Victoria, Julianna, Jessica, or my mom.
**If you recall, this is the pseudonym that I had given in an earlier post to the 6-yr-old girl (7 tomorrow!) that I take care of.
***Yes, she does frequently tell me that I'm mean. I don't care. It's either send her to bed or put up with whining. There isn't really a choice to be made here.

0 comments: