CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES «

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

A bit of seriosity for a change

Wasn't quite sure how to spell seriosity, as I just invented the word. I'm pretty sure I'm going to start using it, though. Seriousness just has too many s's in it- unless, of course, you're a snake. Cobra- feel free to use the word. I did imply that this was going to be a serious blog, though, didn't I? Back to that, then.

Oh, how the time does fly. It's hard to believe that I have now been living in Madrid for nearly 7 months. And I don't want to move back to the States. I'd like to go back for the summer to visit, but then return to Madrid in the fall. Unless something drastic happens, though, this is not going to happen. (Raul- that's a subtle hint for you: Go ahead and propose already) I have one year left at the UW, and I don't think I would be able to graduate next spring if I came back here in the fall. That's okay, though. I like Seattle, too. Once I get over the reverse culture shock, I'm sure I'll be glad to be back.

So, I have just over a month left in Madrid and over two months before I return to the States. I know it's going to go by ridiculously fast. Especially because of how busy I'm going to be: This weekend (April 21-23) I go to Granada. Next weekend (April 28) I go to Berlin, then to London (May 4) to meet my family. We'll all be there together for 2 days, then they come back with me to Madrid (May 6) and they're here until the 11th. The following weekend my roomate moves out and it is my last free weekend before finals. I was thinking about going to St. Petersburg, Russia that weekend, but that might have been the last straw in the coffin..er..the nail that broke the camel's back? Then I have 2 weeks of finals (May 20-30...yuck). At some point in the two days after my last final is over, I move out of my flat. On June 1st I go on a hike called the Camino de Santiago. It is a pilgrimage to the city of Santiago de Compostela, which is believed to be the burial place of James the apostle. For more information, click on the link above. The section of the hike that I will be doing covers a total of 170 miles. After which, I come back to Madrid for 3 days (May 13-15), go to the farewell dinner for my study abroad program, and get a little rest before going to Morocco for about 12 days. I'll return to Madrid on or around the 28th and head back to the States. However, on the way back, I may or may not be stopping in Munich to visit Hannah and I may or may not be stopping in New Jersey to visit Christin and my other friends out there. Right, so, that should keep me busy.

When I get back to the States I get to figure out where I'm going to live for the summer- Centralia or Seattle (not to mention with my parents or my sister). At some point during the summer I need to find a place to live in Seattle, get a job, and buy a car, not necessarily in that order. Hang on, I'll also need to take care of the bureaucracy end of studying abroad (getting all of my credits transferred and such) and register for classes for autumn quarter. So, yes. I am looking at the months ahead with a little bit of trepidation. I'm going to be going on a Transition Rampage.

I'm not really worried, though. Mildly apprehensive, maybe, but not worried. I know that God will take care of me; He always does.

0 comments: