CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES «

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Jerk face

I can't believe how close I am to leaving. I'm so excited for the future, but I'm also starting to pay more attention to all of things I'll miss. And by "things," I mostly mean "people." I have just one Sunday left at Liquid. I'm going to miss my church and my church family the most.

I'm not a big fan of Jersey. It won't be hard to say goodbye to the bad drivers, traffic, bad drivers, ridiculous highways which redefine the purpose of a U-turn, and bad drivers.* In case my opinion of New Jersey drivers isn't clear, check out this blog.

But I have some great friends out here and I will miss them a lot.

I know I'm going to miss the family that I work for, too. But it's still work. So for now, I'm just excited to be done with it.

And then sometimes I feel guilty for being ecstatic that I only have 9 days of work left.

Nikki made this for me at school today in "Writer's Workshop."

When she first found out that I was leaving, she seemed to handle it really well.

I was quite surprised, and thought that maybe she wasn't as attached to me as I thought she was. It was a relief, though, to think that she wouldn't really be that upset to see me go and she was adapting to the fact that she would have a new nanny.

I think it had more to do with her grasp of time and how soon I would be leaving.

I read this today and felt like I'd been punched in the gut. I'm a big jerk.


*I always thought that U-turns were maneuvers utilized by drivers who have discovered that they are going the wrong way. Not so in New Jersey - on some highways, one can only get to most businesses if they are heading in the right direction - thus necessitating U-turns.

0 comments: